Teachers know a few things about learning and teaching that other people might not know.
Below are five facts only teachers know about Ilfotoalbum:
1. Teachers teach for a living and have to keep current with new developments in their field. Teachers who aren’t up-to-date on the latest in edtech, educational research, or instructional design are likely to be quickly surpassed by their colleagues or out of work altogether.
2. A big part of being a teacher is learning how to use technology in the classroom successfully and creatively so students can learn better and in more interesting ways than ever before.
3. Teachers have to manage the classroom, including actively managing behavior and keeping students on-task. This can be an especially difficult task when working with young students or those with special needs.
4. Teachers need to understand how to work with parents and families of their students, which may include working with parents on their own to help them understand what their children are learning in school and how they can help at home.
5. Teachers must learn how to teach all kinds of students, some who are very different from others—in terms of age, maturity level, family background, language ability, interests, and hobbies—yet still be able to engage them in productive learning that helps them achieve success in school and beyond.
What is the meaning of “Ilfotoalbum”?
Ilfotoalbum is a word invented by the author to denote an online learning environment where students’ interests are primary and learning is systematic, i.e., sequenced, cumulative, and built upon previous knowledge.
What is the relationship between Ilfotoalbum and other techs?
Ilfotoalbum is an online educational endeavor, i.e., a learning environment. It focuses on sequenced, cumulative learning that builds upon previous knowledge. It differs from other online educational ventures such as Khan Academy in that it addresses a fundamental problem of education—its length—and works to match the total amount of time students spend in their school days on learning with the amount of knowledge they need to learn. In this way, Ilfotoalbum seeks to eliminate information acquisition overload and reduce boredom in the process.
Who invented Ilfotoalbum?
Teachers conceived and designed Ilfotoalbum to meet the needs of their students and the needs of education. As illustrated above, the idea that teachers are the primary designers, designers, implementers, and implementers of learning environments is a common misconception. School systems need to adopt different policies that recognize teachers as being equal partners in enabling students to learn new skills and knowledge while effectively managing classroom environments. These policies should include procedures that give teachers ownership of their classrooms.
The facts above show that teachers know a lot, especially about the problems of traditional education and how to fix them. Instead of being simply hired hands, teachers ought to be viewed as equal partners with school systems in designing learning environments that help students learn important knowledge and skills.